Job ID 37755
Job req ID:1748
Company: Canada Lands Company
Title: Acquisitions and Business Development Manager
Location: National Capital Region (NCR)
Department: Acquisitions and Business Development
Employment status: Contract (18 months and 24 months)
Number of positions: 2
Please, submit your application by Friday, March 1st, 2024 at 4:00 pm EST
Pour le français: https://jobs.clc.ca/SIC/job/Ottawa-Gestionnaire%2C-Acquisitions-et-expansion-des-affaires-ON-K1P-1J9/728343947/
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Acquisitions & Business Development Manager provides project management functions in support of the identification and facilitation of property acquisitions through the federal disposition process in order to ensure the continued flow of acquisitions into the Company.
Through a detailed understanding of the federal disposition process and strong relationships with client departments, this role fulfills CLC’s objectives by supporting the internal day-to-day operations and external client-facing activities required to successfully complete real estate acquisitions, including the facilitation of CLC’s Assessment and Acquisition Business Plan process.
The Acquisitions Manager contributes directly to the profitability of CLC by supporting the proactive identification, assessment, and completion of property acquisitions from federal departments, agencies and Crown corporations in order to facilitate CLC’s value-add land development process.
- Provide project management services to the Director, Acquisitions & Business Development to assist in realizing acquisitions within the constraints of schedules, budget and scope, including:
– Developing project plans;
– Monitoring and managing project schedules and budgets;
– Organizing project team meetings and preparing meeting updates;
– Maintaining and producing project documentation;
– Ensuring that all pertinent documentation is appropriately classified; and
– Managing the work of external multidisciplinary team (appraisers, architects, planners, engineers, , etc.) in the achievement of project objectives.
- Participate in the preparation, review and implementation of divisional and regional short and long-term planning activities (budgets, strategic and business plans, Board submissions and policy formulation).
- Liaise between CLC and custodian departments with a view to facilitating real estate acquisitions across the country for addition to CLC’s development portfolio.
- Manage the development of CLC’s Acquisition Business Plans, assessments, and transaction documentation, while coordinating input from affected CLC regions.
- Represents CLC’s interests when engaging with custodian departments, federal, provincial, and municipal levels of government, as well as other stakeholders identified through the federal disposal process.
- Provide strategic advice to the Director, Acquisitions & Business Development with regard to specific projects, policy and process development.
- Promote and support the development policy changes to increase and/or facilitate the flow of property acquisitions to CLC.
- Support the Director, Acquisitions & Business Development in business development activities that seek to innovate and expedite the federal disposal process along with identifying opportunities to enhance underutilized federal assets.
- Support the Acquisitions & Business Development team in building relationships with Indigenous Peoples across Canada in the context of the acquisition of surplus property from the Government of Canada and business development.
- Maintain an extensive network within custodian departments and the Treasury Board Secretariat.
- Liaise with CLC regions in the management of acquisition activities (title issues, heritage, aboriginal, environment, legal, approvals/authorities (Ministerial or TB submission, etc.).
- Develop and manage the procurement and selection processes for consultants and contractors, including development of scope of work statements.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of annual corporate plans and schedules, as well as other corporate reporting documents.
- Manages the contract tendering process, including payments to contractors/service providers.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director, Acquisitions & Business Development, and other duties and accountabilities, as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Planning or related field and/or significant related experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Real Property Management Framework (Treasury Board policies and related government legislation).
- Thorough knowledge of roles of departments, PSPC and central agencies with respect to the acquisition, disposal and management of real property.
- Knowledge and experience of governmental processes, policy and program requirements.
- Knowledge of business practices (e.g. corporate and business planning, real estate practices, real property markets and financial analysis).
- Minimum of five to seven years of previous project management experience required, including scheduling, budgeting and cost control.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of real estate (acquisition, land development, leasing, marketing and sales).
- Sound working knowledge of real estate development, financing, and planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, strategy development, business planning and process improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and skill at using, facilitation techniques and tools to foster open discussion and arrive at consensus among participants.
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, conflicting demands, frequent interruptions, and heavy work loads.
- Working in an office environment.
- Light to infrequently moderate physical effort; Requires handling of light and moderate weight objects including office equipment and other office supplies.
- Occasional travel required
To express your interest in the role please submit your application by following the link: https://jobs.clc.ca/job-invite/1748/
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.